Wednesday, March 15, 2017 - 10:13
communications (writer/content) specialist
- You understand how to disseminate information and content based on the audience need and medium;
- You have exceptional writing, proofing, and language skills;
- You maintain a high-level of productivity and consistently seek to add value to the planning and execution process;
- You are excited to apply your creativity to promote Cowan products and services;
- You comfortable navigating organizational structure and working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful completion of projects;
- You are confident that your project management skills will help you to manage competing priorities;
- Your proven ability to work within tight deadlines and under pressure will help to you remain focused on the task at hand;
- You are a proactive and strong team player able to interact across organizational levels to support business goals;
- You understand that there may be other duties as assigned and are comfortable going with the flow to meet organizational needs.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA in English, Communications, Humanities, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 3 years writing for marketing or communications experience; experience in a corporate setting
- Experience in a B2C environment; insurance/wealth preferred
- Experience using online publishing tools (CMS), and internal CRM/BMS systems
- Advanced skill within the Microsoft Office suite of tools (Word, PPT, Excel)
COMPENTENCIES, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Self-starter with strong business curiosity and an intrinsic desire to continually learn and grow
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (please submit writing samples along with resume/application) for engaging a range of audiences
- A strategic and proactive thinker with proven tactical execution capabilities
- Able to take highly technical information and develop it into engaging content that is both easily understood and relevant to the success of the business
- Ability to efficiently develop and edit content for internal and external communications and sales tools – should work at an above average pace with a high level of accuracy and engagement.
The above information reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the main functions of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed job description of all the work requirements inherent in the job. It will be reviewed within one year of joining TWG.
We invite interested candidates to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. While we appreciate the interest of all applicants, we will contact only those selected for interviews. If you are an applicant with disabilities and require accommodations, please let us know at the time of our contact so that we may arrange for their provision.